Classic Details Auto Spa, located in Sanford, Florida, is a leading car detailing service provider specializing in ceramic coating and paint protection film (PPF) installation. Serving the greater Orlando area and its surrounding communities, the company focuses on delivering high-quality and long-lasting protection for your vehicle’s exterior. In this article, we will explore the application process of ceramic coatings and paint protection films, including surface preparation, coating application, and curing time.
Before applying a ceramic coating or PPF, it is essential to prepare the vehicle’s surface to ensure a proper bond and long-lasting protection. At Classic Details Auto Spa, the surface preparation process involves the following steps:
- Washing: The vehicle is thoroughly washed using a pH-balanced soap to remove dirt, grime, and other contaminants that may hinder the coating’s adhesion.
- Decontamination: Iron fallout and other embedded contaminants are removed using a clay bar treatment and chemical decontaminants. This step ensures a smooth, contaminant-free surface.
- Paint correction: Any imperfections, such as swirl marks, scratches, or oxidation, are addressed using a combination of polishing and compounding techniques. This step is crucial for achieving a flawless finish before applying the ceramic coating or PPF.
- Final cleaning: The vehicle’s surface is cleaned with an IPA (isopropyl alcohol) solution to remove any remaining polishing oils and residues, ensuring a pristine surface for the coating or film application.
Once the surface is prepared, the application process begins:
- Ceramic coating: A certified technician applies the ceramic coating by hand, using a specialized applicator pad. The coating is applied in a cross-hatch pattern to ensure even coverage. After a short period, the coating begins to flash or harden, at which point the technician carefully levels it using a microfiber towel, removing any high spots or excess material.
- Paint protection film: The PPF is custom-cut to fit the vehicle’s specific make and model. A skilled installer carefully applies the film using a slip solution, squeegee, and heat gun to ensure a perfect fit and bubble-free installation. Once in place, the film is firmly adhered to the vehicle’s surface, providing a durable and invisible layer of protection.
After the application process, the vehicle must undergo a curing period to ensure optimal performance and durability of the ceramic coating or PPF:
- Ceramic coating: The curing time for a ceramic coating varies depending on the specific product used. Generally, the coating takes 24-48 hours to cure fully. During this time, it is crucial to avoid exposing the vehicle to rain or moisture, as water can cause streaks or water spotting on the fresh coating.
- Paint protection film: The curing time for a PPF installation ranges from 24-72 hours, depending on the film’s thickness and environmental factors. During this time, it is essential to avoid exposing the vehicle to excessive moisture and keep it out of direct sunlight. Once the film is fully cured, it becomes virtually invisible and provides robust protection against scratches, rock chips, and other potential damage.
Classic Details Auto Spa’s meticulous attention to detail and expertise in ceramic coating and paint protection film installation ensures that your vehicle receives the best possible protection. The thorough surface preparation, precise application, and careful attention to curing time are all critical factors in achieving a long-lasting, high-quality finish that will keep your vehicle looking its best for years to come. Trust Classic Details Auto Spa to safeguard your investment and enhance your vehicle’s appearance with their exceptional car detailing services.